Objective:To obtain a job within the professional or collegiate sport industry, preferably with an emphasis in sales, marketing or event/game-operations.
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA Expected May 2013
B.S. Sport & Recreation Management, School of Tourism and Hospitality Management (STHM)
Facility Monitor/Sport Club Supervisor January/September 2012- Present
Temple University Campus Recreation Philadelphia, PA
- Oversee successful and safe operation of recreational facility open to 40,000+ students, staff and faculty.
- Manage the sale of guest passes and distribution of rental equipment to patrons.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to patrons by resolving conflicts, answering phone calls and questions at the front desk, completing incident/injury forms when needed among other tasks.
- Provide sport club participants with access to practice/game equipment.
- Ensure all participants’ waivers are up to date and complete; report directly to Sport Club Coordinator.
Marketing Internship January 2012-May 2012
University of Pennsylvania Athletic Department Philadelphia, PA
- Placed in charge of all marketing related activities for the Penn Baseball team.
- Created and managed “PennQuakersBaseball” YouTube account.
- Assisted in production of baseball promotional video, “The Chase” that gained 18,000 views in 2 months.
- Trained in sales and sold advertisement space to local businesses and restaurants.
- Designed and distributed fliers and handouts made with Adobe Photoshop CS.5.
- Assisted in baseball game-day operations.
- Planned and implemented promotional activity during campus-wide “Spring Fling”.
Owl Team Leader (Summer Orientation Leader) April 2011- August 2011
Temple University Office of Orientation Philadelphia, PA
- Worked closely with University faculty, staff, and administration, new students and other owl team leaders to create a positive environment for new students in the summer before their first year at Temple University.
- Facilitated small group discussions and activities among freshmen to ease their transition into college.
- Guided, welcomed and engaged parents and students in all aspects of the Orientation Program.
Activities and Awards:
Recipient, STHM Senior Seminar Endowed Scholarship Fund November 2012 Member, Sport Marketing Association (SMA) September 2012- Present
Winner, STHM/SMAT Team Case Competition (NFL Secondary Ticket Market) September 2012
School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Dean’s List GPA: 3.75 | Spring 2012 Semester
Member, Sport Marketing Association at Temple (SMAT) January 2011- Present
Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Adobe Photoshop CS.5
Adult/Child/Infant CPR, AED and Basic First Aid Certification (American Safety & Health Institute) Exp. Nov 2013